How To Treat Common Skin Infections
What is Skin Infections?
How to Treat Common Skin Infections, a number of speculations exist as to the cause of our skin becoming suddenly ill and irritated. Skin is the outermost shield and the first line of defense that protects you from infections (viruses, bacteria, and fungi). The theories include hereditary predispositions, stress, poor circulation and sensitivity to certain substances contained in food. Regardless of the theory that is currently trending, traditional dermatology is befuddled in regards to questions such as, what incites the occurrence of skin problems. What is the determining factor of its duration and severity? Skin infections can be caused by many factors.
Some of the most common skin infections are:
While the intensity differs, common symptoms of skin infections include relentless itching sensations, flaking, and cracking of skin and skin eruptions.
There are various products and treatments available out there that claim to treat you of infections and their side effects. These may or may not work best, but one treatment you should definitely try out is home treatments.
Some of the best skin care ingredients are available right there inside your kitchen. These are completely natural, will not have any side effects, are easily available everywhere and will barely cost you anything.
Most Effective Home Ingredients to Cure Skin Infections
Turmeric is one of the most common spices that are available in all Indian homes. The medicinal values of turmeric have been popular since 1900 BC in India.
- This super spice contains high antioxidant properties and antiseptic qualities that kill skin infections.
- The spice can be used to soothe skin inflammation
- It is often used in many cleansers and lotions to get rid of skin infections like eczema, ringworms, leech bites, etc.
Tomatoes are great to eat as well as to be applied externally on the skin.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene that is anti-inflammatory and helps heal, soothe burns, and other skin infections.
- Apply a slice of tomato on the affected area and allow the juice to dry.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has always been popular for curing dry skin during winters. It is one of the most common natural ingredients beneficial for skin, hair as well as your overall health.
- The aloe leaf contains a slimy and juicy substance that has a cooling and soothing effect on acne sores and other infections.
- Aloe vera is a natural antibiotic and when rubbed on the infection can cure it over time.
4. Green Tea
This powerful antioxidant herb has gained much attention due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Green tea can protect the skin from fungal infections and other inflammation of the skin.
- It can also be used to get relief from yeast infections and acne treatments.
- The benefits can be achieved by drinking brewed tea or by applying it topically to the skin.
- You may apply plain yogurt on the affected area and leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it off.
- For a vaginal yeast infection, dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it in a vagina for an hour. Repeat this twice a day.
- Alternatively, include yogurt in your daily diet plan.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar contains distinctive components that can help control yeast infections and get rid of the fungus that causes it.
- Make a mixture by adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a half cup of warm water and drink it twice a day.
- Prepare a bath with some vinegar and water.
- Soak the affected area for 30 minutes to reduce the skin irritation.
Milk is filled with nutrients and is rich in fat, protein and lactic acid. Many commercial products contain the anti-inflammatory goodness of milk.
- Milk baths or applying it on the affected area will soothe the skin and reduce itchiness caused by skin infections.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains anti-fungal properties that can help destroy fungi that are responsible for skin infections.
- Simply apply coconut oil to the affected area a couple of times a day.
- Alternatively, make a mixture of coconut oil with cinnamon oil in equal quantities and apply it to the affected area to control the infection growth.
Garlic is commonly used to cure many ailments. The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antibiotic properties of garlic can help to treat any kind of skin infections.
- Crush some garlic cloves and make a paste out of it.
- Apply directly to the affected area.
- Eating fresh garlic cloves is effective in treating skin infections.
Cranberries contain anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that can help fight fungi responsible for skin infections.
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice a couple of times a day to heal the skin disorder.
These natural remedies are excellent treatments that will work best when the infections are mild. However, for contagious and widespread infections, get in touch with your medical practitioner. Try these out and let us know if they helped you.